Three California residents complain about exploding e-cigarette
Bakersfield, California resident Roy Iversen said he sustained second-degree burns on his body and had to undergo a skin graft surgery as a result of his electronic cigarette exploding in his pocket as he was riding home from work along Interstate 5.
Vincente Garza filed a product liability lawsuit on Thursday, November 19 that claims that the manufacture and the design of the devices did not go through enough checks and balances to ensure their safety. Another person, Gregory Phillips, made the same allegations.
Garza had been smoking the e-cigarette when it allegedly exploded, resulting in severe injuries to his finger, mouth, and tongue, with his left finger having to be partially amputated and his tongue having to be operated on due to the accident.
The lawsuits name several; defendants who made and sold the dangerous products to the victims, including Luxor Café, Fame Vape, and Flawless Vapes and Supplies LLC.
If you had recently been the victim of a defective product, the attorneys at Ritter & Associates want you to know that you do not have to face your recovery alone. Our legal team with work to represent you as we seek justice in the form of compensation for your injuries and suffering. Call our offices at San Diego today at (619) 296-0123 to learn more.