Facebook Pixel
We've recovered over $85 Million in Verdicts & Settlements 120+ Jury Verdicts over the past 35 years Former Deputy Prosecutor $8.04 million Bus/Pedestrian Accident

Crocs sued for putting children at risk of injuries on escalators

A southern California couple recently filed suit against Crocs Inc. because their 4-year-old daughter lost one of her little toes on an escalator while wearing children’s Crocs. Since 2008, the Colorado-based footwear company has been sued several times by other families with similar stories about children suffering injuries to their feet while wearing the shoes on escalators.

In the most recent lawsuit filed in court in Santa Ana, the family seeks $2 million. According to the lawsuit, the 4-year-old was injured while wearing pink children’s Crocs in August 2011 at a JCPenney department store. The child’s left shoe was caught in the side of an escalator at the store, hurting her left little toe. She lost the toe and skin on the bottom of her foot in the incident.

The family argues that Crocs has known about their children’s shoes’ risks and that they do not provide sufficient warning to consumers. In 2008, the company sent a letter to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, informing them that they had received 186 reports of injuries on escalators caused by their shoes.

If your child has been injured by a dangerous children’s product, contact the San Diego faulty children’s product attorneys of Ritter & Associates at 619-296-0123 to learn more about your rights.

Lunchboxes recalled for poisoning hazard

California Innovations Inc. recently issued a recall of their thermal and insulated lunch boxes.  The recall includes 248,000 of the company’s Expandable Insulated Lunch Box with Freezer Gel Pack and Travelin’ Chef Expandable Thermal Food Carrier.

The lunch boxes were sold at Costco Wholesale Clubs, Walmart, Leon Korol, and Cost U Less stores.  According to California Innovations and the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the gel packs in the recalled lunchboxes contain ethylene glycol and diethylene glycol, which can be toxic if consumed.

If the gel packs become damaged, the chemicals can leak into the box and onto food, creating a poisoning hazard for children and adults using the lunchboxes.  The company has received two reports of dogs biting the gel packs.  Both dogs became ill and one died.

If you or someone you love has been injured or become ill from using a faulty children’s product, contact the San Diego faulty children’s product lawyers of Ritter & Associates by calling 619-296-0123 today.

©2023 Ritter & Associates All rights reserved.|||Chula Vista|Imperial Beach

Proudly serving San Diego County, Riverside County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Imperial County.