On May 20, San Diego man William Cady began his trial for 12 charges relating to a drunk driving accident that killed 3 passengers in the vehicle on Jan 10, 2014, according to NBC San Diego. The charges include gross vehicular manslaughter and first-degree murder.
Cady was drinking and smoking marijuana before attempting to drive him and 5 passengers to their homes. He reportedly was speeding between 87-97 miles per hour as he attempted to merge from Interstate 805 to SR-52; this is when he lost control of the vehicle.
Cady’s Escalade veered from the road, hitting a cement pillar and rolling over several times before stopping in nearby traffic. Three passengers died at the scene, two of which were not wearing their seatbelts. The two other passengers suffered serious injuries, as did Cady. The accident also caused a chain of other accidents to occur, fortunately none resulting in major injury.
At Ritter & Associates, we know too well the devastation that can occur from a drunk driving accident. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in an accident like this, our dedicated legal team may provide aggressive representation against those responsible. Speak with one of our San Diego personal injury lawyers by calling (619) 296-0123 today.
Los Angeles County will award Robert Dominguez $450,000 for the death of his two-year-old son, Gabriel Dominguez, who was killed in 2011 by his mom’s boyfriend after repeated reports to social workers about abuse, the San Antonio Express-News reported on May 6.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors decided on May 5 to give Robert Dominguez the money to settle the wrongful death claim he lodged against the Department of Children and Family Services, a report from the Los Angeles Times showed.
In the lawsuit, Dominguez claimed that his son would not have died if the Department of Children and Family Services had performed the proper process of investigating an abuse case.
The attorneys of Ritter & Associates in San Diego know that nothing can ever compensation for the loss of a loved one. However, if you would like representation as you pursue damages from the person or party responsible, we may be able to help. Call us at (619) 296-0123 today to learn more.
Articles from The New York Times and Sys-Con Media reported that at least seven individuals lost their lives while 200 others were injured in a recent Amtrak train accident.
Some passengers have yet to be accounted for, although this does not necessarily mean they are missing. An Amtrak train owned by the National Railroad Passenger Corp. derailed and crashed in Philadelphia on May 12 as the train approached a curve in a section of the Northeast Corridor. Investigators have determined the train was traveling at around 106 miles per hour when the track occurred–although they will also look into other factors that may have contributed to the crash, such as track conditions.
The National Transportation Safety Board is currently conducting an investigation into the derailment to find out if there should be charges meted out to people or organizations responsible for the crash.
The train crash had been the deadliest train accident in the United States in almost six years.
A mass transit bus’ video recording of the fatal four-vehicle Malibu pileup that involved 65-year-old Bruce Jenner could be the key to revealing the sequence of events that happened to cause the deadly crash, sources said on February 17, according to the New York Daily News.
A source that confirmed the police have a copy of the tape further added that even though the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has yet to complete an assessment of said video, they are hopeful that the video’s contents will enlighten them and pinpoint exactly what happened to cause the death of 69-year-old Calabasas, California resident Kim Howe, who was killed in the Pacific Coast Highway incident on February 7.
Entertainment news network TMZ said the video footage came from an MTA bus heading south on Pacific Coast Highway in the opposite direction as Jenner.
The attorneys of Ritter & Associates know too well the damage and pain that a fatal accident can inflict on a victim’s family. Financial losses should not become one of the challenges a family faces, however, and our legal team may work on your behalf for financial restitution from those responsible. Call our offices at (619) 296-0123 today to learn more about taking action.
A Los Angeles jury found Toyota Motors Corp. not responsible for a 2009 car accident that claimed the life of a 66-year-old Noriko Uno after she crashed her Camry in 2009 in a decision released on Thursday, October 10.
The lawsuit is one among the 85 personal injury and wrongful death cases against Toyota in California due to complaints of sudden and unintended acceleration that prompted a wave of vehicle recalls in 2009 to 2010.
The jury decided that the design of the 2006 Camry was fully-functioning and “did not contribute to this unfortunate accident”. The Camry was not included in the list of recalled vehicles that Toyota released.
This verdict may predict the outcomes of other cases.
If you or a loved one were harmed due to a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact our lawyers at Ritter & Associates in San Diego by calling (619) 296-0123 to discuss your legal options today.
A man fell from an elevated walkway during a San Francisco 49ers game at Candlestick Park on Sunday, September 8.
The 32-year-old man, whom the police did not identify to the public, fell to the sidewalk at around 1:03 p.m. as he was making his way across the overpass, which leads to the stadium from the parking area, San Francisco Police Lieutenant Laura Knight told the Los Angeles Times.
Knight said off-duty emergency medical personnel were able to give the man first aid, but the man died either in the hospital or on the way there. Police were not sure yet where he died.
In a statement published on NFL.com, the San Francisco 49ers released the following statement: “The San Francisco 49ers…would like to express our deepest condolences to the family during this difficult time.”
Three families from the San Francisco Bay area – including a crash survivor – filed a lawsuit on Thursday, August 8 against Asiana Airlines regarding Flight 214’s tragic crash landing at the San Francisco International Airport on Saturday, July 6, which killed three of the flight’s passengers.
The lawsuit alleges that the manufacturers of the Boeing 777 were not able to provide quality training to the South Korean pilots, although it does not directly specify that Boeing trained the pilots of Flight 214.
The families suing Boeing are of the opinion that Boeing should have had a “low airspeed” voice warning feature for the 777 pilots as preventive measure, especially after the accident involving a Boeing 737 in Amsterdam in 2009.
At Ritter & Associates, our lawyers help victims and their families in San Diego hold manufacturers and other negligent parties responsible for the repercussions their negligence causes. Call us at 619-296-0123 to learn more about filing a personal injury lawsuit if another party has caused you or a loved one to be unduly harmed.